Email Discussion Groups
Answers4Families hosts a number of email discussion groups for Nebraskans with special needs. These email discussion groups allow you to communicate via e-mail with other people who are interested in the issues facing the specific target groups.
How to Select a Discussion Group:
- You may view an step-by-step tutorial here, or follow the instructions below.
- Begin by clicking on the 'click-here-to-login' button on the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- If you have an account with Account Services, please sign in. If you do not have an account, please click on 'register' and follow the prompts.
- Next, select the discsussion group in which you want to participate.
- Lastly, click on the 'subscribe' link to sign up for your desired discussion group.
Button Descriptions on the Discussion Group Page:
- 'Login' means to sign in to the system.
- 'Your Subscriptions' indicates your lists - which discussion groups you have signed up for at Answers4Families.
- The 'List-of-Lists' tab takes you to a page with all the available discussion groups.
- The 'Home' tab takes you to a page that sorts our discussion groups by category.
- The 'Help' tab gives you more detailed information about the mailing system.
How to Send a Message to the Answers4Families E-mail Discussion Groups
There are two ways to send messages to the e-mail discussion groups: 1) 'Post' it on the web, using the Answers4Families Discussion Group section; 2) Send it through an e-mail program or your Internet browser.
1) Sending the message via the web:
- First, be sure you have logged in and are signed up for the particular discussion group you want. Select your desired discussion group.
- Click on the 'post' link. Your e-mail address will be in the "From" line and the discussion group will be in the "To" line. Fill in the "Subject" line, e.g. school, I have a question, doctors, dentists, etc.
- Type your message in the Message box and sign your name.
- Check for spelling/grammar errors.
- When you're ready to send the message, click on "Send this Mail."
2) Sending the message through your e-mail program:
- First, be sure you are signed up for the particular discussion group you want.
- Start your e-mail program. Many e-mails look like a memo and have "To," "From" and "Subject" lines. Add the Discussion Group's e-mail address in the "To:" line. Fill in the subject line, such as "School, I have a question, doctors, dentists," and so on. Below is the list of discussion groups at Answers4Families:
- Type your message and sign your name.
- Spell-check your message and look it over one last time.
- Click on "Send" to send your e-mail.
- Your message will automatically be sent to everyone who is signed up for that discussion group.
In order to ensure that our discussion groups are useful to all participants, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines.
Please take a moment to view our Frequently Asked Questions page. If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-746-8420. You will find our phone numbers, address, and e-mail addresses on the Contact Us section of the Answers4Families website.