Central and Western Nebraska Assistance
With the end of the year and the holidays approaching, money and resources can get tight. Answers4Families has compiled a list of agencies and organizations that can help with emergency rental assistance and food pantries for central and western Nebraska. Each agency may require different types of paperwork or documentation, but be prepared to show or mail your most recent paycheck stubs. Also, determining if you qualify for help through the Department of Health and Human Services is a beneficial first step. You can apply online at accessnebraska.ne.gov or call 800-383-4278 to ask for a paper application to be mailed to you.
• Catholic Social Services on 515 W 3rd St. can help with Emergency financial assistance for rent and utilities. 402-463-2112
• To apply for the Housing Choice Voucher Program, call the Hastings Housing Authority at 402-463-1061
• Crossroads at 702 W 14th St. 402-462-6460. Three meals per day offered.
• Hastings Food Pantry is at 212 W 3rd St. Ste C 402-463-2911
Grand Island, NE:
• Central Nebraska Community Services provides financial assistance for rent and utility payments to homeless or near homeless persons who have verifiable economic or personal crisis. Call 308-745-0780
• Hamilton County Food Pantry in Aurora, NE 402-694-6979
• Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska can be contacted for food pantry information at 308-865-5680
• Jubilee Center on 2523 Ave A helps with emergency rent and utility assistance
North Platte, NE:
• Salvation Army at 1020 N Adams Ave 308-532-2038 provides food pantry every 90 days and some rent and utility assistance when funds are available.
• Cozad Emergency Action Food Pantry at 105 E Hwy 30, 308-784-4545 provides food for two months.
• North Platte Housing Authority, 900 Autumn Park Dr. 308-534-4887
• General assistance provides assistance with rent, utilities, prescriptions, and medical bills for eligible county residents. This is a program of last resort; you should apply with the Department of Health and Human Services first. Call 308-436-6681.
• Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska, 308-635-3089. Food pantry at Chuck Wagon Church on 522 E Overland.