It may be confusing for grandparents raising children to understand what options are available to them. Helping grandparents sort through housing options that are available and which options will bet fit their needs and their grandchild/ grandchildren's needs is very important.
- Public Housing
- Tenant-based Section 8
- Project-based Section 8
- Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly Program
- Housing listing and locator service - provides easy access to information about housing opportunities throughout Nebraska. This Site is hosted by The Assistive Technology Partnership
- Nebraska HUD Contact information
- Homes and Communities U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development-HUD's mission is to increase homeownership, support community development and increase access to affordable housing free from discrimination.
- Nebraska Homestead Exemption-- A homestead exemption provides relief from property taxes by exempting all or a portion of the valuation of the homestead from taxation. The state of Nebraska reimburses the counties and other governmental subdivisions for the taxes lost due to homestead exemptions.