Long-term care can be costly and planning ahead helps ensure that your future needs are covered and you are better able to ensure financial security for yourself and your family members.
What can you do?
- Review your finances and calculate future needs and desires
- Compare options for financing long-term care
- Seek out resources and information on financial planning
- Explore financial options like Nebraska’s new Long-Term Care Savings Plan or reverse mortgages
- Find out about Nebraska’s new Long-Term Care Savings Plan, administered by the Nebraska State Treasurer’s Office by calling 402-471-2455 or visiting www.treasurer.org or http://www.dhhs.ne.gov/ags/ltcPlanning.htm
- Visit the Nebraska Banking Association’s website and utilize the Ballpark Estimate tool to identify how much you need to save to fund your retirement at http://www.choosetosave.org/ballpark/
- Contact the following national organizations for more information on financial planning or to obtain a list of financial planners by zip code or city:
- Contact the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) BrokerCheck For questions regarding BrokerCheck, FINRA provides a toll-free hotline, (800) 289-9999, available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., Eastern Time.
- For more information on reverse mortgages contact the Nebraska State Unit on Aging at 800-942-7830 or http://www.dhhs.ne.gov/ags/agsrvrsmortg.htm
Begin planning today for your future long-term care needs by ordering your FREE Own Your Future Tool Kit created by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services visit http://www.dhhs.ne.gov/ags/ltcPlanning.htm or call 1-866-PLAN-LTC.