Leaders Needed for Young Adult Advisory Council
DHHS - State of NebraskaHealthcare Transition Project
|Leaders Needed for
Nebraska Health and Human Services Healthcare Transition Project is forming a group of young adults ages 18-25 with disabilities or special health care needs to:
- Share ideas on how to improve the transition of healthcare from teens to young adults
- Participate in meetings and provide feedback on current Transition grant activities
- Have an option to serve as a peer mentor to teens and young adults attending a new grant-sponsored Transition Clinic at Monroe-Meyer Institute
- Review materials used in the Transition clinic and in physician training
- Share personal experiences and provide young adult perspective
- Meet 4-6 times a year in Lincoln or Omaha (all travel expenses are paid for by the project)
We know your time is valuable, so we will give stipends or gift certificates to council members for attending meetings.
DHHS - State of Nebraska Healthcare Transition Project
For more information, contact
Sharon J. Johnson
P.O. Box 95044
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509
Fax: (402) 471-6352
Supported by a federal grant awarded to the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (11-P-92578/7-01).
Interested in becoming part of the Young Adult Advisory Council? Download the application form here .