At Four Months, Your Child will Likely…
- Tries to grab with hand.
- Wiggles and kicks with arms and legs.
- Rolls over (stomach to back).
- Sits with support.
Social & Emotional Development:
- Cries different ways for different reasons.
- Loves to be touched or held close.
- Responds to a shaking rattle or bell and to peek-a-boo games.
- Laughs and chuckles.
- Shows signs of fear, anger or disgust.
- Can use eyes and hands together.
- Explores objects with mouth.
- Recognizes bottle or breast.
Delevopmental milestones associated with feeding:
- Can approximate lips to the rim of a cup.
First Connections with Families
First Connections with Families provides information about child development, reading to your child, and child health and safety.
The Early Learning Guidelines
This exciting new resource is being written to assist early childhood caregivers/teachers, parents and other adults with information about supporting the learning and development of young children. The Guidelines provide information related to seven domains or areas of learning and development:
- Social & Emotional Developmentment
- Approaches to Learning
- Health & Physical Development
- Language & Literacy Development
- Creative Arts