At One Month, Your Child will Likely…
- Can see, hear, feel, taste and smell at birth.
- Uses reflexes.
Social & Emotional Development:
- Likes soft, high-pitched voices.
- Likes to look at faces.
- Startles at loud sounds.
- Learning begins at birth.
- Recognizes caregiver's voice.
Developmental milestones associated with feeding:
- Has sucking, rooting and swallowing reflexes.
- Feels hunger and indicates desire for food by crying; expresses satiety by falling asleep.
- Has strong extrusion reflex (to trust out).
First Connections with Families
First Connections with Families provides information about child development, reading to your child, and child health and safety.
The Early Learning Guidelines
This exciting new resource is being written to assist early childhood caregivers/teachers, parents and other adults with information about supporting the learning and development of young children. The Guidelines provide information related to seven domains or areas of learning and development:
- Social & Emotional Developmentment
- Approaches to Learning
- Health & Physical Development
- Language & Literacy Development
- Creative Arts