At Three Months, Your Child will Likely…
- Lift his head when he’s on his stomach.
- Follow a moving object or person with his eyes.
- Grasp a rattle or a finger.
- Wiggle and kick his legs.
Social & Emotional Development:
- Make crying, cooing and grunting sounds.
- Cry in different ways to express meaning.
- Recognizes mother or primary caregiver.
- Stare and smile at faces.
Delevopmental milestones associated with feeding:
- Can approximate lips to the rim of a cup.
First Connections with Families
First Connections with Families provides information about child development, reading to your child, and child health and safety.
The Early Learning Guidelines
This exciting new resource is being written to assist early childhood caregivers/teachers, parents and other adults with information about supporting the learning and development of young children. The Guidelines provide information related to seven domains or areas of learning and development:
- Social & Emotional Developmentment
- Approaches to Learning
- Health & Physical Development
- Language & Literacy Development
- Creative Arts