Medicare Part D
Chances are you have heard Medicare's prescription drug program (also known as Medicare Part D) can be confusing and overwhelming. That is why organizations and leaders are critical partners in an effort to raise the awareness of the benefit and to provide outreach and education to Medicare beneficiaries. Resources to help you understand the Medicare drug program and can be found through links to other key sites. The information provided will assist you or a loved one in making educated decisions about the Medicare drug benefit plan.
The following links provide more information on the new drug benefit:
Part D Standard Benefit
- A helpful tool for beneficiaries in comparing prescription drug plans.
- Produced by the Nebraska SHIIP, this publication provides general information about Medicare Part D.
- Beneficiaries may avoid paying full retail price for a prescription by requesting an exception, or appeal
- Not all medications are covered by the prescription drug benefit. Circumstance and location play a role in which "part" covers medications.
- Have you reached the "doughnut hole" of your Medicare prescription drug plan? This sheet provides a list of options for beneficiaries looking to reduce their drug costs.
Compare Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage Plans in Your Area
SHIIP Part D Personal Information Worksheet
Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Brochure
What if my prescription drug plan doesn't cover all my medications?
Medicare Drug Coverage Under Part A, Part B, and Part D
Coverage Gap Prescription Drug Assistance
Medicare is here to help you...Online, on the phone, or at events in your community. You can also call the plans directly for more information.
Community Events Calendar
Enrollment Assistance Tools
Other topics under Enrollment Assistance Tools:
Other topics under Resources:
Other topics under Training:
Other topics under Prevention:
Other topics under Consumer Alerts: