Medicare Part D Nebraska Coalition
In 2005, AARP Nebraska, Nebraska Area Agency on Aging Association, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, the Nebraska Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP), the Social Security Administration (SSA), UNL Extension, UNL Center on Children, Families and the Law, and Nebraska Health Care Association joined together to form a statewide coalition of professional organizations, volunteers and state agencies to educate and assist the Medicare population in preparing for the new prescription drug benefit.
MISSION, PURPOSE AND GOAL STATEMENT
Medicare is here to help you...
– Online, on the phone, or at events in your community. You can also call the plans directly for more information.
Because of the success and high interest in this issue throughout the state, the Coalition has invited local communities to become engaged in education and outreach for the new Medicare Prescription benefit. Many communities have formed local teams to continue to offer educational and outreach and enrollment events.
The Coalition will provide guidance and support to these local efforts through conference calls, periodic, informative satellite conferences, tool kits, speaker's bureau, other resources and technical assistance as needed.
To ensure that we as a state are prepared to:
1) Understand the Medicare Prescription Drug benefit.
2) Educate and provide outreach to beneficiaries and stakeholders.
3) Assist Nebraska residents with the application and enrollment process.
To build a strong network of key stakeholders who will use a consistent, accurate message and a coordinated effort to implement the Medicare Prescription Drug benefit in Nebraska
1) Educate stakeholders, providers, beneficiaries, families and the general public on the benefit.
2) Identify and provide outreach to the eligible population.
3) Coordinate outreach efforts among key stakeholders.
4) Assist beneficiaries with the application and enrollment process.