Medically Handicapped Children's Program-Medical Conditions
The Program can provide services for the following and other congenital and severe conditions:Posted July 16th, 2007
- Craniofacial conditions including cleft lip/palate and other defects
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Diabetes/Juvenile Diabetes
- Heart conditions, which are severe and/or congenital
- Midline neurological defects including spina bifida and hydrocephalus
- Neuromuscular conditions including cerebral palsy and other conditions which may exhibit similar symptoms
- Asthma--severe and persistent
- Orthopedic conditions -- including scoliosis, rheumatoid arthritis, club foot, bow legs, leg length discrepancy and fractures that have not healed properly and have become chronic conditions.
- Eye conditions -- which may be corrected through surgery.
- Hearing loss which is severe
- Major medical -- A 'catch all' term which includes many congenital and chronic conditions including: acute severe burns, neurological conditions, ill premature births, urology, Addison's disease,Turner's syndrome, sickle cell disease, hypothyroidism, esophageal strictures, imperforate anus, Hirschprungs, disease growth hormone deficiency, and other conditions
- Neoplasm -- cancers, tumors, lymphoma and leukemia.
- Other conditions which may be severe and chronic and/or congenital.