Regional Programs for Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
This program was developed to support the concept of regional programs and cooperative relationships with the school districts, educational service units and consortium of school districts in order to:
- Maximize resources in providing programs and services for children who are deaf or hard of hearing;
- Provide a network of support and services that will serve as the state infrastructure to link programs together and assist in the enhancement of a child’s educational program;
- Contain costs now in order to assure future funding;
- Provide continued support to quality educational programs, which may include center-based options;
- Reinforce the belief that children who are deaf or hard of hearing benefit from education with hearing and deaf or hard of hearing peers;
- Continue state leadership and support for a full continuum of placement options for children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
To view the complete State Plan for Services of Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, please download it here.
Additional contact information:
Also, search the Nebraska Resource and Referral System to find aditional services.