Title 467 The Medically Handicapped Children's Program
The Medically Handicapped Children's Program (MHCP) includes Title V Services for Medically Handicapped Children, the Genetically Handicapped Persons' Program, and the Supplemental Security Income-Disabled Children's Program.
The purpose of the Medically Handicapped Children’s Program is to develop, improve, and strengthen standards and services for children with special health care needs and:
- To promote systems development to improve the organization and delivery of high quality services for children with special health care needs and their families with an emphasis on community-based services.
- To promote coordinated comprehensive care within a medical home.
- To provide culturally competent services and support by assisting families of children with
special health care needs within a community and to identify and meet their needs
through coordination of informal and formal support(s).
- To develop, promote, and improve the standards of care for children with special health
- To promote efforts that emphasize early evaluation and treatment, health-related
education and advocacy in order that children with special health care needs and their
families may maximize their full potentials.
- To increase public awareness through the establishment of outreach efforts.
To view the regulations go to: http://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/reg_t467.aspx